F is for Friday & Also for Food!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Good afternoon!

Well, I'm HOPING I can start a routine here. Every Friday, a recipe for you!

I have been meaning to share this idea with the world for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it until now. I know it is nothing totally new, but it is to us. I'll call them "Smoothie Pops". They are basically a smoothie, in popsicle form. I originally made them to be a healthy snack for Cookie Crumb, but they became a hit with Mason as well! You need popsicle molds and they are all different sizes so what I did was fill them with water, then pour the water into a measuring cup so I know how much of the smoothie stuff to make.
Smoothie Pops Recipe!

Ingredients:

2 parts yogurt
1 part juice
1/2 - 1 banana
1 part other fruit, fresh or frozen

Directions:

Stick all of the stuff in a blender then pour into the molds and freeze. Easy, delicious and healthy!

A couple tasty combinations I've used are:
-Strawberry yogurt, mixed berry juice, banana, strawberries.
-Peach yogurt, tropical mix juice, banana, frozen pineapple.
You can go really healthy with these too. Use no sugar added juice and fat free yogurt! If you have kids, or anyone else in the house, they will have no idea they are eating something so healthy.

Get creative and enjoy! ;)

0 wonderful comments: